Dear Parents,
This is going to be a long update but do spend some time to read it. Hope what I am updating here is useful for you to supervise and guide your child's revision.
Below are the important dates and information regarding this coming SA2 Chinese which you need to take note. A hardcopy of the content below is printed and given to your child today. At the same time, I've also emailed a copy to u just in case u miss the hardcopy letter and the blog entry here.
Firstly, the items which we are going to test the children for SA2 Chinese (CL) are:
1. Listening (10 marks) on 30 Oct: I have done three past year listening paper with children so far. Most of them can score full mark 10/10. The three paper were put in the last pocket of their blue files. The format of the listening exam is going to be exactly the same as the revision. Pls check!
2. Spelling (10 marks) on 30 Oct: 5 words (pinyin) from our textbook 1A and 1B. Note that we've finished the last spelling yesterday. I've finished marking and returned the spelling book to your child. Pls sign on the last spelling and keep the spelling book for your child to revise. There is no need to return the spelling book to me any more.
3. Paper (55 marks) on 30 Oct: This paper contains 10 sections (All 10 sections and marks allocated were printed and given to your child today. Pls find "2009年一年级年终考试考试项目" from your child and have a look at it. In order to prepare your child for this paper, I have decided to give 1F a mock exam (考前复习) on coming Tuesday, 13 Oct. The mock paper has exactly the same sections as the real SA2 paper. I will mark the paper and return it by next Friday, so that you can know where your child stands and help him/her to revise at home during PSLE marking days (No school on the week of 19 Oct - 23 Oct).
4. Oral (25 marks) on 15 & 16 Oct: Oral contains three sections. See below:
(1) First section is passage reading (10 marks). The passage is about 50 words and all the words in the passage are from textbook 1A and 1B. As long your child can read all the words in the "生字表" on the last page of the two textbooks, he/she should have no problem for pronunciation. Marks will be given according to their accurate pronunciation, level of fluency and whether with feeling or not.
(2) Second section is picture description (10 marks). Children need to describe the picture using their own words in certain sequence (clockwise / anti-clockwise). They need to use at least one sentence to describe each part of the picture with no help from the teacher - me. If the child really says nothing, I will give some help but of course marks will be deducted. As long as the child can tell me what happen on the picture, what these people are doing on the picture... on their own, he/she should be fine. Marks will be given according to the content they deliver and also the level of fluency on how they express their ideas using the language of Chinese.
(3) Third section is conversation (5 marks). In this part, I will have a simple dialogue with the child. For example: if the picture draws a park, I may ask:"Do you often go to park? What do you usually do in the park?" Children must use complete sentences to answer, not only saying "yes" or "no". As long as he/she has the ability to express himself / herself, it should be fine.
(4) Again, not to worry too much. I have been revising with the children in class this week and told them again and again on what are the things they need to take note during the oral exam. But, this is their first oral exam and they are only P1, I do encourage more practice at home during this weekend.
(5) Note: A copy of the "口试词汇" (Important words for oral) were given to your child today. Pls let your child revise this also so that they are able to use the correct Chinese words when they are describing the picture.
Next, some other matters which need your attention:
1. Blue Files: Blue Files were returned to your child yesterday (except 9 pupils' blue files were kept in school for the department to check. I'll return them to these 9 pupils once I get back from the school next Tuesday). You can keep the blue file for revision and there is no need to return to me any more.
2. Chinese Test 5 (Lesson 13-15): Our final Chinese Test - Test 5 which cover Lesson 13-15 will be conducted on coming Wednesday, 14 Oct. Again, revise! revise! and revise during this weekend!
3. Activity Books were returned last week. Keep it for revision, no need to return!
4. Hao Peng You #35 were given to your child this week and run through in class today.
5. No school on the week of 19 Oct - 23 Oct: Deepavali and PSLE marking days. Use this week to revise for SA2 at home!
Finally, I am reaching the end of this mail. Isn't it too much for you to digest? Especially for those first-time P1 daddy and mummy... Should you have anything not clear, don't forget I am here to help you and your child. Again, my email address is: Zhou_Jing@nyps.edu.sg Let's work together to help your child succeed in their first exam. This will definitely give them interest and confidence for their future studies.
All the best!
Best Regards
Zhou Jing
No comments:
Post a Comment